ManyChat is making updates to the Free and Pro plans on September 1, 2021. Please read through this article carefully as you have one or multiple accounts affected by these changes.
- The updates listed in this article apply to accounts that are managed by ManyChat Agency Partners and the billing owners of the account.
- Agency Partners are users that are an official member of the ManyChat Agency Partner program and accounts impacted by the details in this article are accounts where revenue share is earned for the account.
- We refer to agency partners who joined the partner program before September 1, 2021 as ‘existing agency partners’ and agency partners who join the partner program after September 1, 2021 as ‘new agency partners’.
Effective September 1, 2021, we’re making some important updates to features on the Free plan and our Pro pricing structure. Please review the following updates carefully.
All ManyChat Free plans managed by ManyChat Agency Partners will have the following limits per account:
- (3) Keywords
- (2) Team Members
- Accounts managed by ManyChat Agency Partners are able to add a second admin to the free account for client onboarding and account handover.
Changes to the Free plan listed above are effective on September 1, 2021 for all existing Free accounts. There will be no changes to the features on ManyChat Pro.
Pro accounts created by new agency partners will be subject to new Pro pricing, which begins at $15/month for up to 500 subscribed contacts:
Pro pricing will still be based on the number of subscribed contacts you have for your ManyChat account. Unsubscribed or deleted contacts will not count towards your contact limit.
For all existing agency partners, ManyChat will be offering exclusive agency Pro pricing, which includes the current flat rate for accounts with over 200K contacts:
New Pro pricing tiers for existing agency partners only
Please note: The above Pro pricing is only applicable to accounts owned by existing agency partners.
For any Pro accounts that use ManyChat’s SMS channel with a U.S. or Canadian number, we will be releasing updated SMS pricing and a new registration process to meet the requirements of the new SMS A2P 10DLC regulations imposed by US carriers on September 1, 2021. Learn more.
How do these changes affect my client accounts?
If you have a Free account:
On September 1, 2021, all Free accounts will be impacted by the feature updates noted above. This means that if you manage a Free account that exceeds these limits on this date, you’ll need to upgrade the account to Pro in order to continue sending messages to contacts.
If you are an existing agency partner, you may upgrade any existing Free accounts to Pro before August 31, 2021, to lock in current Pro pricing through March 1, 2022.
Free accounts upgraded to Pro on or after September 1, 2021 will be subject to the new Pro pricing tiers for existing agencies on the day of the Pro upgrade.
If you have a Pro account:
Active Pro accounts on September 1, 2021, will remain in their current Pro pricing through February 28, 2022. For existing agencies, the new Pro pricing for existing agencies will take effect on March 1, 2022. The Pro account must be active on September 1, 2021 in order to keep current Pro rates through this date.
No action is needed for active Pro accounts on March 1, 2022. Your monthly Pro pricing will update automatically based on your contact list size and the credit card on file will be charged.
New Pro accounts created by existing agency partners after September 1, 2021, will be subject to the new Pro pricing for existing agencies on the day of the Pro upgrade.
- Any existing agency partner Pro accounts that are cancelled and upgraded to Pro again after September 1, 2021, will be subject to the new Pro pricing for existing agency partners on the day you upgrade the account to Pro.
- Accounts that are currently cancelled or expired will not be charged until Pro is reinstated and are subject to new agency Pro pricing on the day of the upgrade.
- If you leave the ManyChat Agency Partner Program for any reason, your managed accounts will revert back to current Pro pricing and will be subject to the new Pro pricing listed on our website, effective March 1, 2022.
- If you leave the agency partner program after March 1, 2022, your account(s) will be subject to new Pro pricing for self-managed accounts the day you leave the program.
For any customers using a U.S. or Canada number on ManyChat’s SMS channel, please click here for more details on how the SMS updates will impact your account.
Edit: On February 1, 2022, Facebook and WhatsApp announced a new pricing model for WhatsApp messages for businesses. Click here to learn more.
We’re here to help
We understand that these updates to our plans can feel complicated. Our goal is always to ensure that our customers are using a top-notch product and they feel supported throughout these changes.
Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding these changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I keep my account in the Free plan if I delete a custom Keyword or remove a team member to fit under the new Free plan limits?
- Yes, you can delete a custom Keyword or remove a team member from your ManyChat account to keep the account within the Free plan limits.
I currently have a ManyChat Pro account with a free Pro trial coupon applied. What happens once my trial expires?
- Once your Pro trial expires, you'll need to update your billing information and upgrade to a paid Pro account in order to continue sending messages to your contacts.
You may upgrade your expired Pro account to a paid Pro plan by August 31, 2021, to lock in current Pro pricing for the account until March 1, 2022.
If you upgrade your expired Pro account to a paid Pro account after September 1, 2021, your account will be subject to new Pro pricing on the day of the Pro upgrade.
- Agency Partners are able to add a second client admin to the ManyChat account to onboard their clients to the account.
- The increase Team Member seats only applies to agency accounts that participate in revenue share. To enable revenue share on your client accounts, go to Settings → Billing and click ‘Enable’ for revenue share: