Sometimes you'll see some weird activity going on in your Audience. Example:
Who are these "unknown" people?
These are people who fulfill two parameters:
- they are NOT subscribed correctly to your Facebook page Messenger
- they've never messaged your FB page
Well, why are they here then? Why don't I have any info about them?
There may be several reasons:
- They may be people who clicked on a Facebook Ad (JSON widget), received a followup in Messenger from you, but never replied or interacted in any way.
- They opted-in through growth tool, which has "With checkbox" Button Type in its settings, but didn't reply to the opt-in message.
- You use the Shopify plugin (or any similar plugin) which sends tracking info or other follow-up messages to your customers via Messenger, but they never replied or messaged back in any way.
Ok, that's weird. So how do I get them to become a true subscriber, then?
Remember, a person must engage in a conversational action for their subscriber info to be passed into ManyChat. As such, the more interactive your follow-up messages are, the better.
Such users still count as Active Subscribers and you can send them Broadcasts If they react with any kind of message to your Broadcasts they will appear as common Subscribers!
Remember, ManyChat can't collect data about such users in real time. If you send a Broadcast and saw that their status changed to "Deleted Conversation" immediately it doesn't mean that conversation was deleted at that particular moment. The conversation may be deleted several days ago or right after a user received your first message. Broadcasts just update the subscriber's status!
The last way you can reach these subscribers is through Facebook page inbox. You can manually send them a message ref URL there and get them into fully subscribed that way.