What is Welcome Message and when users get it
One of the first messages you’ll want to set up inside of ManyChat is your Welcome Message. This is just what it sounds like: it’s the very first message that your users receive when they interact with you on Facebook Messenger.
They will receive Welcome Message only if they start the conversation with the page through Direct Messages, which means clicking "Send Message" on your Public Page first and then hitting "Get Started" button.
Get Started is an automatic button provided by Facebook and mandatory for all chatbots:
How can you use Welcome Message inside your bot
The opportunities are endless for your Welcome Message. ManyChat has the ability to add buttons, lists, images, videos, audio, and much more.
Tell your subscribers what to expect: what is your bot about, how often do you post and anything else that you think is important.
How to set up your first Welcome Message
Your welcome message should act as a greeting for new users, but also as a menu for what to do next. This goes back to the purpose of your bot… if you’re a recipe site, include a button to your recipe directory. If you sell insurance, ask people if they would like a quote.
You can also leverage the Keyword feature in Welcome Message to trigger messages when prospects type certain keywords.
- Go to Settings -> Messenger -> Welcome Message
- Create a Text Block and add more details describing your your business, your bot, and options it can provide.
- Create Buttons so your subscribers can interact with your bot and get what they want.
- Keep in mind that in most cases people press Send Message button to reach out to you. Don't forget to provide this ability inside your bot.
- Make sure your Welcome Message works great by pressing Preview button or Send Message button on your Facebook Page.
- Publish and Enable your Welcome Message.
- Come back to Settings -> Messenger -> Welcome Message to track the stats and upgrade it.
If you need to replace your Welcome Message Flow with another Flow, simply go to Settings -> Messenger -> Welcome Message and click the "Replace" button here:
Then choose the Flow you need from the list of the Flows -> Select This Flow.
Welcome Message also features this button that can switch Welcome Message's statistics. You can switch the statistics display from Current Trigger to Aggregated. The Aggregated display mode shows how many users had gone through that flow overall, not limited to the number of people gone through the Welcome Message itself.