If you set up a Comments widget on a post, but it's not firing your followup message when people comment, here's what to do.
STEP 1: disable the "track first-level comments only" slider
STEP 2: remove any keyword exclusions
STEP 3: remove and keyword inclusions
The widget should look like the screenshot above - without my arrows and numbers obvs :D
Also, make sure the widget is ACTIVE.
Some widgets in some accounts are bugging out when keyword inclusion/exclusion is added. We're working on a fix!
If all that didn't work, check out the following:
Do you happen to have any age/country restrictions enabled on your Facebook page?
One way to tell right away if your page has some visibility restrictions is to copy your FB URL from your browser and open it in an Incognito window.
If FB prompts you to log in before you can see the content, that usually means you have visibility restrictions enabled.
Here's what those settings look like on FB:
You'll need to change your permissions to look like the following in order to get the post to show up in the Comments growth tool.
What to do if your initial reply is triggering and the opt-in message isn't?
1. Check your page username. Does it look similar to this: facebook.com/my-great-page-575748393?
2 If the answer is yes, navigate to About section of your Facebook page and edit page's Username.
3. If you need help picking a username, go here to learn more: https://www.facebook.com/help/105399436216001
4. After that, you will get a nice URL/alias like this one: facebook.com/MyGreatPage
5. Go to Settings and refresh permissions and Opt-in Messages should start firing now!
6. If your answer was no, please keep in mind the limitation warnings and contact the Support team for more information.
Tips and Tricks
If you followed all those steps and are still stuck, here are some tricks you can try:
1. The CGT only triggers once per user. When testing the tool, you will have to comment from another personal profile or delete your original comment and refresh the page.
2. Make sure you are using your personal profile while testing. Commenting from your business/fan page will not work.
3. Please note the limitation warnings on the "Auto-response" and "Opt-in Actions" pages.
4. If the CGT is still not firing, please contact the friendly support team.
Hope that makes sense!