Facebook Messenger Code is a unique feature that's fun to use and can potentially bring lots of Subscribers to your bot.
To create new Messenger Code Growth Tool, head to the Growth Tools tab and click '+New Growth Tool' button in the upper right corner - you'll see the full list of available Growth Tools where you should click 'Facebook Messenger Code' icon:
You will see two tabs inside your newly created Growth Tool then - 'Opt-In Actions' and 'Messenger Code':
- 'Opt-In Actions' is the tab where you can set up the Opt-In Message for this Growth Tool - just click 'Edit' button to enter editing mode, set up your Opt-In Message carefully and then click 'Publish' button in the upper right corner to save changes and to make sure it gets sent to users as soon as they scan the code.
- 'Messenger Code' is the tab where the code itself gets generated as soon as you click this tab:
As you can see on the screenshot, the image size can be adjusted here (100-2000px) and then you can download code image to your device in .png format.
NOTE: Each time you click 'Messenger Code' tab, a new code is generated automatically.
Make sure to click 'Draft-Active' toggle switch in the upper right corner of the Growth Tool then to activate it.
Messenger Codes can be scanned with your Messenger App to instantly link the user to your bot, no typing needed. They're great for sticking on fliers, ads or anywhere in the real world where you want people to try your bot.
For example, the user sees this post on your FB Page:
To scan a Messenger Code, users have to do the following (official Facebook instruction):
- Activate the Messenger camera.
- Press and hold in the viewfinder. A circle will appear.
- Center the Messenger Code in the circle. Messenger will automatically scan the code.
There's also an alternative way to scan the code: users have to open Messenger app on mobile, tap their avatar in the upper left corner next to the word 'Chats', tap their avatar inside the Messenger Code and then hit SCAN CODE tab on the left. The phone's camera gets activated right away - the user has to hold his/her camera up to the Messenger Code and wait until it’s captured.
Once it happens, 'Get Started' button is displayed for new users which should be clicked so that the user could become a Subscriber and receive information from your bot, starting with this Growth Tool's Opt-In Message.
Note: users who had already subscribed to your bot previously will not see the 'Get Started' message, receiving the Opt-In message right away instead.
Hopefully Messenger Code feature helps you grow your audience even more!