Great news - now you can send an Email to your subscriber right through ManyChat! Isn't that cool? We're excited too!
Just like the SMS feature, it's only available on a Pro plan.
How do I start sending Email through ManyChat?
1. Before you start using this feature, make sure to read and accept Terms of Service under Email tab in Settings:
The next thing you'll need to do is set up your Contact Information - without it, you will not be able to send Emails:
You'll also be able to edit the contact information in the same section whenever it's needed.
2. Get consent for receiving Email and Email address.
Similar to the SMS feature, you're given 2 new System fields - they are 'Opted-In for Email' and the subscriber's Email address:
Check out this sample flow: https://manychat.com/flowPlayerPage?share_hash=523129064851971_255dd6d19cf99a94dd86bd5b9908cd9808753484
First step: requesting the Email. You need to select "Send Message" block. Use "User input", select "Reply type" as Email, and select "Save Email to System Field"
- For now, it's not possible to fill in the System field with an existing Email address from a Custom Field. The system field also cannot be edited.
- It's also not possible to copy the Flows with an E-mail block to another ManyChat page. This ability will be added in the future updates.
Second step: Checking that the Email has been entered. Do not forget to check it if you want to send the following message only for those who gave you an Email address.
Alright, Email is shared and checked, but that's not it just yet!
Third step: User consent request. To subscribe the user to your Emails, you'll need them to request user consent to receive Email letters and trigger the 'Set Email Opt In' action:
3. Now, let's move to an Email setup in Flow Builder. Send it as flow with triggers and sequences.
To set up the Email's content, select 'Send Email' - it's a new type of block that can be accessed here.
Your Email must contain the Subject and the Preheader. The other blocks like Headline, Text, Image and Button are optional:
You can set a custom button title and attach to it any of the actions below (we recommend to use it for reengagement of your subscribers to your bot):
Under the Email content you add, the recipient will always see why they have received it, and your contact information that you provide in Settings > Email.
Once an Email is sent, you will see an 'Email message sent' system message in the user's conversation in Live Chat:
4. Another good news is that you can actually broadcast to all your subscribers with an Email!
Important: To send Email broadcast, you need to go to the "Broadcasting" section and set up Email block as starting step.
1) Select type of content. We recommend sending it as a Non-Promotional Broadcast - it's necessary to select a Tag, but you can choose any Tag you like as long as 'Send Email' is the starting block.
2) Set up targeting. To target users who opted in for Email and provided their Email address, simply choose the conditions 'Email (keep in mind that it's a system field) has any value' and 'Opted-in for Email is true' and 'Email has any value':
3) Then click 'Send Now' and voila - your Email is bumped into the subscriber's mail inbox!
How much does it cost?
We will give you a free number of emails every month. Number of Emails depend on your PRO account plan: up to 500 subscribers = 500 free Emails every month, up to 5000 subscribers = 5000 free Emails and so on.
If you finish free emails, you will be charged $0,003 per Email as pay as you go.
We will bill you for every 5000 emails sent from your account. At the end of the month we also bill you separately for any amount of messages sent by that moment beyond the last 5000 emails you paid for.
Charges will be made for the same card used for Pro subscription.
To learn more about the current pricing details, click the '?' icon next to Email in the Billing section.
Your Billing history is also divided into 2 sections: subscription Invoices and Service payments.
Subscription Invoices for your PRO plan (in Messenger). Service payments for your service payments for SMS/Email.
The following is the BETA version of pricing for the next 2 months: (starting from September 14, 2019).
Where can I see my statistics?
You need to go Settings - Email - to see your full statistic.
You can also see statistics in Email block for a specific Email letter.
Here are some differences from Messenger block: we added bounce (the number of undelivered messages due to a non-existent email address or mailing protection by anti-bounce services), spam report (when your subscriber marks your letter as spam) and unsubscribing to give you instruments to evaluate the effectiveness of your letter and your contact base.