Important update: all ManyChat accounts have become "unified accounts" now.
Please read all parts of this article very carefully. The update is related to connecting/disconnecting your Facebook business pages, deleting accounts and inviting users to accounts as Admins (+ assigning roles to them).
This update means that your current ManyChat account has become independent from any channels (Facebook, SMS, Email solutions).
Before this release, your account was connected directly to Facebook, while additional SMS and Email channels (+ other channels in the future) could not have been used separately.
Now, your ManyChat account has become a space to which you can connect all available channels at the moment. You can use them separately or together (as part of the omni-channel marketing).
To clarify things further, let's check the changes:
1. How to create a new account.
Head to general panel with accounts, scroll down and press 'Add New Account' button:
Enter account name then and click 'Create Account' button:
1) Please check that the account name is entered correctly. After the account is created, you will not be able to edit its name.
2) One account = one Facebook business page. If you want to connect another business page to ManyChat, you have to create a new account and then connect the page to it.
2. You can add a new channel independently from other channels.
Head to the Dashboard tab, find the needed channel and click 'Connect' button:
3. Using Flow Builder without connected channels.
You can use Flow Builder without connected channels to understand how it works and create Templates.
Please keep in mind:
1) PRO features will be available only after upgrading account to PRO;
2) Widgets, Facebook Ads, Facebook Broadcasting, Paid Messages, Main Menu, Default reply, and Welcome Messages will work only after connecting a Facebook business page.
4. Unified accounts can't be renamed or deleted at the moment (expect this functionality soon), but you can disconnect a Facebook page from the account.
To disconnect a page, head to Settings => General, scroll down and click 'Disconnect' button:
Then confirm this action by typing 'disconnect' and click 'Confirm' button:
After disconnecting, you'll still be able to see the page you have disabled in the Dashboard tab:
If you want to reconnect the disabled page, head to Settings => General, scroll down and click “Connect” button. The page will be re-enabled right away:
After disconnecting a Facebook page from the account, you will not be able to connect another FB page to this particular account. Only the page that has been disabled in this account can be reconnected again.
5. Getting access to existing account
To get access to a certain existing account, you have to ask the account's admin to send you the invitation link. The admin should go to Settings => Users and click '+ Invite New Member' button.
Select the Role and click 'Generate A Link' button:
Click 'Copy' button then and send the link to the new page member:
Important: if you're managing Facebook business pages where you have roles and access, but disconnected these pages from ManyChat or did not connect them previously - you have to ask the page's admin to send you the access link. Such pages cannot be added to the new account because they may be connected to another unified account already. You have to get access to the entire unified account via the invitation link.