When your Facebook Pages are linked to your ManyChat account, creating your ad campaigns takes only a few clicks. You’ll see a screen with 4 steps to create your ad. Follow the wizard to set up your first campaign and ad set in ManyChat.
Step 1: Choose your ad account
Once you’ve chosen to create an ad, you’ll see this:
Choose the ad account you want to use.
Step 2: Select the ad campaign
From here you have two options for creating a new ad:
1. Create a New Campaign.
2. Select Existing Campaign.
Selecting an existing campaign will open a drop-down menu of active posts on your page. You can choose what campaign you want to include additional ads and will be sent to Select Ad Set.
3. To start a new ad campaign, click Create New Campaign.
4. Under Campaign Type, choose Messages (Recommended) or Traffic. Then name your campaign. Note, you can set a spending limit here or in Select Ad Set. We’ll cover spend in the next step, so for now, leave it off.
Then click Continue to go on to the next step.
Step 3: Create your Ad Set
1. After you click Continue you’ll be prompt to a new screen. Click Create New Ad Set.
2. From the Audience tab, give your Ad Set a Name. Then choose a Custom or Lookalike Audience that is linked to your Facebook Ads Manager. Note, you can create Lookalike Audiences in ManyChat — we will cover that later in this guide.
3. If you don’t have a Lookalike or Custom Audience pre-determined, scroll down to choose an Audience for this ad set. You can choose specifics such as gender, location, language, demographics, interests, behaviors, and more.
4. From your Placement tab, next to the Audience, you can select where you want to show your ads.
You have two options for placing ads:
- You can choose Automatic Placements and let Facebook place ads where they will perform best.
- Or select Edit Placements and manually choose where you want to place your ads.
Then click Next to set your budget and schedule.
From your Budget & Schedule tab, you can choose how much to spend on promoting your ads.
You can choose between two types of budgets:
- Daily Budget, or the average amount you want to spend each day.
- Lifetime Budget, or the amount you want to spend the entire time your ad is live.
Once you’ve chosen your budget, set the schedule you want to run ads on. You have two options:
1. Click Run my ad set continuously starting today to manually stop advertising.
2. Or, click Set a start and end date to choose the timeframe you want to run your ManyChat ads.
Then click Continue to create your ad.
Step 5: Choose your ad creative
Once you’ve chosen your audience, budget and schedule, you can begin to create your ad. Here you’ll set your ads visual and text.
Step 6: Create your Welcome Message
You’re almost there! After setting the creative for your ad, the final step is to create your Welcome Message. Note, you can not customize any part of this message with someone's name.
1. Add the text you’d like your Welcome Message to display.
2. Add a custom button or two that lets users choose to opt-in.
NOTE: Depending on your ad, you will want to create flows to follow-up after user clicks.
3. If your ad demands it, you can add a second message in text, image, card, gallery, list, or video formats in the attached flow. Click Preview to test your ad in Messenger.
4. After your ad is ready to publish, click Send to Facebook. Your ManyChat ad campaign is now pending review from Facebook and will go live once it’s approved.
Warning! There's no need to edit your Campaign on Facebook Ad manager side. Please, keep in mind that if you make any edits, it may break your ad connection with ManyChat.