From this article, you will learn how to connect your ManyChat Account to Zapier to automate tasks with other web apps.
Zapier allows you to connect ManyChat to Google Sheets, Slack, MailChimp, ActiveCampaign and 750+ other apps. This gives you unlimited opportunities for using our omni-channel marketing platform together with your favorite CRM and email marketing services:
- add a lead in your CRM when you get a new contact in ManyChat.
- ask a contact for an email / phone number inside the bot and add it to your email marketing service / CRM.
- register contacts to a webinar with 1 tap and much more.
To see if your app can connect to ManyChat through Zapier, click here!
Supported Triggers, Actions and Searches
- New Contact — Triggers when a user subscribes to your page.
- New Tagged User — Triggers when a new tag is added to a user.
- New “Trigger a Zap” Event — Triggers when your bot sends the “Trigger a Zap” event.
- New or Updated Custom Field — Triggers when you add/update a selected custom field on a user.
- Chat Opened — Triggers when a chat is opened with a user.
New Order Paid — Triggers when a user has purchased an order.
- Add Tag to User — Adds a tag to a user.
- Subscribe Contact to Sequence — Subscribes existing ManyChat Contact to a Sequence. Contacts can't be added via Zapier.
- Send Dynamic Message to User — Sends a dynamic message to user.
- Set Custom Field — Adds or updates a custom field value for a user.
- Send Text Message to User — Sends a message to a user.
- Remove Tag From User — Removes a tag from a user.
- Send Content to User — Sends a content to a user.
Unsubscribe User From Sequence — Unsubscribes a user from a sequence.
- Find User by ID — Finds a user by ID.
- Find User by Custom Field — Finds a user by custom field.
- Find Order by ID — Finds a order by ID.
- Find User by Name — Finds a user by name.
How to Get Started with ManyChat on Zapier
To create your first Zap with ManyChat, click Sign in to ManyChat and select one of your accounts. Keep in mind that Pro subscription is required.
Select one of your accounts and click Connect (your Free Subscription accounts will show up with “Upgrade to PRO” button). The selected account will be added to your Zapier, so you can use it in this Zap or connect a new one.
Test your connection with Test trigger button to make sure your account is successfully synced. After you create a Trigger, Zapier will fetch some info from your ManyChat account and use it as a sample.
Once you create your Zap and complete all the steps, you will be able to retest the action or turn on the Zap.
Now try connecting your ManyChat Account and making your first Zap!
How to activate Trigger Zap action
Once you connect Zapier to your ManyChat account, "Trigger Zap" action will show up in the list of actions:
In case you cannot see the action, probably the connection between Zapier and ManyChat was lost. Reconnecting it in Zapier's My Apps will help "Trigger Zap" appear.
I don't see Zapier in the list of integrations
Zapier is not listed in the list of integrations due to the fact that it is an intermediary-type of application, unlike ActiveCampaign, Google Sheets, and others. Zapier allows integrating ManyChat with a side app without having to use the Integrations tab.
Error: No contacts with tag found.
Make sure you have at least one contact with a selected Tag.
Error: No contacts with Custom Field found.
Make sure you have at least one contact with a selected Custom Field.
Error: Custom Field not found.
Make sure you have this Custom Field in a selected account.
Error: Page is not active.
Check if your page is active and has no permissions error (go to Settings > General and click Refresh Permissions to restore page connection).
Error: Required field is missing.
You may get this error if a user's Custom Field is empty because a previous step didn’t provide the data it needed or you changed the Custom Field's name in your ManyChat account. Fetch user data from your first step to proceed.
Error: Can’t add/remove Tag.
This contact already has this Tag or this Tag was already removed.
Error: Can’t subscribe contact to Sequence/unsubscribe contact from Sequence.
This contact was already subscribed to or unsubscribed from the Sequence.
Error: More than one user found.
More than one contact meets your search criteria.
Error: Page is not PRO.
Your subscription in ManyChat expired or was canceled.