There's a number of issues you may come across while setting up the “Facebook Comments” Growth Tool or using it after. If that's the case - don't worry, just read through this article to find a quick solution to your problem :)
Table on contents:
Can’t connect a post
Auto-response isn’t sent
Opt-In Message isn’t sent
Tips and Tricks
In order to connect the Facebook Post to the “Facebook Comments” Growth Tool, make sure you're using Text, Photo, Video or Live Video types of posts. Keep in mind that photos and videos should be uploaded to the post from your device - if you add items from the 'Photos' or 'Videos' section of your Fan Page to the post, it might not work as expected with the Comments widget. More info on how to create a Facebook Post that will be working with CGT can be found in this article.
If posts are still not available in the first 3 tabs of the Post Selector, please try to "Refresh Permissions" using the button in the "Help" section of your ManyChat account - this method helps in most cases. If this still doesn't help, please try the 'Custom' tab - sometimes this works for users and they're able to connect their posts to the CGT, however this may not work 100% of the time.
If the CGT doesn't send you the Auto-Response message, please follow these steps:
1. Check if your post is meeting the conditions required for the correct work of CGT. If the 'Custom' tab has been used with the posts that are not supported, CGT won't work correctly.
2. Check if you set up any filtering for the comments in the "Settings" tab of CGT:
STEP 1: disable the "track first-level comments only" slider
STEP 2: remove any keyword exclusions
STEP 3: remove and keyword inclusions
The widget should look like the screenshot above.
Some widgets in some accounts are bugging out when keyword inclusion/exclusion is added. We're working on a fix!
3. Also, make sure the widget is ACTIVE.
4. Check whether you have already left a comment under this post before. “Facebook Comments” Growth Tool reacts only to the first comment from the user and only to comments that were made after connecting and enabling the Growth Tool.
5. If all this hasn't worked, please check our the following: do you happen to have any age/country restrictions enabled on your Facebook page?
One way to tell right away if your page has some visibility restrictions is to copy your FB URL from your browser and open it in an Incognito window.
If FB prompts you to log in before you can see the content, that usually means you have visibility restrictions enabled.
Here's what those settings look like on FB:
You'll need to change your permissions to look like the following in order to get the post to show up in the "Facebook Comments" Growth Tool.
If the CGT doesn't send the Opt-in message in reply to your Auto-Response, please follow these steps:
1. Check the filters that were used in the "Opt-In Actions" and if your response is meeting the requirements:
2. Please check if you have "manychat.com" domain added to the list of Authorized Websites. You can check the Whitelist in the "Settings" tab of your account > "Growth Tools".
3. Please check if the Flow that is used for the Opt-In Message is successfully Published. Unpublished Flows will have a yellow dot in the name of the Flow:
4. Check your page username. Does it look similar to this: facebook.com/my-great-page-575748393?
STEP 1: If the answer is yes, navigate to About section of your Facebook page and edit page's Username.
STEP 2: If you need help picking a username, go here to learn more: https://www.facebook.com/help/105399436216001
After that, you will get a nice URL/alias like this one: facebook.com/MyGreatPage
STEP 3: Go to Settings and "Refresh Permissions" and Opt-in Messages should start firing now!
5. Please note: if none of those methods help and your CGT still won't work correctly - please try to set up the Handover Protocol.
Tips and Tricks
Don't forget these important tips while setting your "Facebook Comments" Growth Tool:
1. The CGT only triggers once per user. When testing the tool, you will have to comment from another personal profile or delete your original comment and refresh the page.
2. Make sure you are using your personal profile while testing. Commenting from your business/fan page will not work.
3. Please note the limitation warnings on the "Auto-Response" and "Opt-in Actions" pages.
4. If the CGT is still not firing, please contact the friendly support team.
Also don't forget that this feature is experimental, and sometimes Opt-In message might not work correctly even if everything is set up properly.