- What Is Ads Feature?
- Is Ads a Free Feature?
- How To Start & Navigate?
- Managing Your Campaigns
- Understanding Your Ads Results
What Is Ads Feature?
ManyChat was already a powerful platform to help qualify traffic from Facebook ads. We’ve now raised the bar, again. With ManyChat’s Facebook Ads integration, ManyChat is your one-stop shop to create, target, and publish your ads and easily hook that traffic into your favorite flow. No more clunky copy-paste of JSON code! From quizzes to giveaways, interactive forms to coupon code redemptions, to webinar signups, and daily challenges, ManyChat lets you engage, nurture, and convert your ad traffic.
Is Ads a Free Feature?
No, Facebook Ads with power of ManyChat is available on Pro plan.
How To Start & Navigate?
NOTE: make sure to read all the tooltips in the interface since they contain important aspects of functionality behavior. A tooltip is a little icon located next to various elements of the interface. Hover your cursor over it to read instructions and tips.
You will need:
- Facebook Ad Account.
- ManyChat Pro subscription plan.
- ManyChat Admin role to be able to activate Ads.
- Advertiser or higher role within a Business Page to be able to create Ads for it in ManyChat.
- View and Edit Ads that were created outside ManyChat.
- Edit Ad Sets that were created outside ManyChat.
- View Ad Sets and Campaigns that contain no Ads created via ManyChat.
- Create new Ad Accounts.
To get started, head to manychat.com and sign-in to your account (unless it automatically sends you to your dashboard).
From your Dashboard, choose Ads from the left side menu bar.
Activate your Ads by clicking the “Connect Facebook Channel” button. You should be seeing this screen:
At the very beginning, you will see empty Ads List immediately after redirection. But no need to worry about that. It does not mean that the connection to Facebook failed. It's only because the historical Ads that you created via Facebook Ad Manager are not shown in ManyChat. So all the new Ads that you will create from ManyChat will be published and will be rendered in the Ads list. Click:
- Follow on-screen instructions of Ad wizard.
- After successful Ad publication, you will be redirected back to Ads List. It will contain your first Ad created via ManyChat.
If you want to see what Ad Set and Campaign your Ad belongs to, you can switch to “Hierarchy view” in the List settings (click to view them).
The hierarchy tree will be shown in the left panel as well. Its pattern matches the one on Facebook. That means that Ad Account contains your Campaigns, Campaigns contain your Ad Sets, and finally, Ad Sets contain all the Ads that are shown to the audience you targeted (also known as parent-child relations).
- From there you can either create a new Campaign / Ad Set / Ad through the ‘Create’ option in the context menu of its parent item (press three dots ) without going through the Ad wizard.
- You can also Edit the existing Campaign / Ad Set / Ad. Mind that Editing Ad Sets that were originally created via Facebook is not possible for now. Entering Editing mode is possible by clicking the name of any item on the Ads List.
- Enjoy your advertising! :)
Managing Your Campaigns
You can delete, stop, or edit campaigns and their assets in your Ads List. Take into account the following:
- If you stop or delete a campaign, this does the same to its ad sets and ads.
- If you stop or delete an ad set, this does the same to its ads.
Understanding Your Ads Results
To see how your ad is performing, just head to your Ads Dashboard. Below is a quick glossary of your ad terms.
Status: The status of your campaign, ad sets, and ads.
Impressions: The number of times your ad was on a user’s screen.
Reach: The number of people who saw your ad at least one time.
Clicks: The number of clicks on your ad.
Opt-Ins: The number of people who subscribe to your ManyChat bot.
Amount Spent: The estimated total amount of money you've spent on your campaign.
Cost per Opt-In: The average cost for one contact.
New Contacts: The number of new contacts you received during the campaign.