Base URL: https://api.manychat.com
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Where can I get parameters (like tag ID)?
- Contact ID -- in contact card in Audience;
- How to work with /fb/subscriber/setCustomField API method
- How to work with /fb/subscriber/findByCustomField API method
- Is there any limit to a number of API calls?
- What is API Key?
From this article, you will learn how to generate a token for ManyChat API and where to get parameters.
How to generate and authorize your token
To use ManyChat API, you need to generate a token. Navigate to Settings -> API and click Generate your Token button.
Please note: Refreshing and Deleting your token will disable all connected API methods!
After a successful token generation, you can use our Swagger to experiment with API. It is available here.
To add your token to Swagger, click 'Authorize' button here:
To authorize your token type Bearer <your token> and click 'Authorize':
You also can Refresh or Delete your token in the API settings tab.
Where can I get parameters (like tag ID)?
Contact ID -- in contact card in Audience;
- Flow_ns -- grab it from your Flow URL;
- Tag ID, Custom User Field ID -- use /fb/page/getTags API method to get list of all Tag IDs and /fb/page/getCustomFields for CUF IDs.
How to work with /fb/subscriber/setCustomField API method
Depending on the type of Custom User Field, you need to use one of the following types of data for "field_value":
- Text -- ex. "text"
- Number -- ex. 123
- Boolean -- ex. "true"or "false"
- Date -- ex. “2018-07-18”
- Date and time -- ex. “2018-07-02T00:00:00+00:00"
How to work with /fb/subscriber/findByCustomField API method
You can search for a list of users who have a specific value in a specific Custom User Field.
- This API method only works with Text and Number types of Custom User Fields.
- Results are sorted by last Custom User Field value update for a specific user.
- List is limited by 100 elements.
Is there any limit to a number of API calls?
Yes, ManyChat has a request-based limit. Please refer to the table below for details. When you reach the limits ManyChat may stop processing requests for 24 hours.
What is API Key?
It is a code used to identify the user, developer, or calling program for a website. ManyChat provides API Key (PRO-feature) to use with the Account Public API. Public API Key can be found in Settings ⇒ API.
There is also a Profile Public API that's used for connection to non-bot-specific things like Templates. It requires a different key that can be found here: https://manychat.com/profile/dashboard#settings.