This article will help you to quickly understand and resolve any issues with Paid Messages and tell you all about their deliverability details and Facebook rules!
Can't create or send Paid Messages?
Please, make sure that
1. You have Admin permissions for the page, Ad Account, and Business Manager;
2. Your Ad account is connected to your Business Manager and you have Admin access to that account there! Here's how to add accounts to BM: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/910137316041095?id=420299598837059;
2a. Refresh Permissions after that.
If you are still not able to add an Ad Account or enter Paid Messages creation, please, reach out to us!
3. There are enough people in Audience: Facebook recommends to send Paid Messages no less than to 200 people to avoid any issues with deliverability; it's best to have over 1000 users in your Audience;
4. You've set sufficient Budget and Bid Control. Here are the recommended Budgets and Bids for all countries: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/messenger-platform/discovery/sponsored-messages/country-bids. If you are still seeing an error about that, try to set them higher;
5. There is a valid method payment connected to your Ad account.
If you still aren't able to send the Paid Message, send a ticket!
What is the right Budget and Bid Control for my messages? Why it may be too low?
Paid Messages are going through the auction: the page that wins the auction gets the placement for the Ad. Pricing would be different depending on the country you’re serving ads in. For instance, it is about 30 USD per 1000 impressions in the US.
Bid Control is a maximum bid that you will allow to set when auctioning for the Paid Message placement. The auction itself happens automatically.
Facebook will not allow launching the Ad if those settings are too low to ever win.
The higher your budget and the bid, the more likely you'll win the placement auction and more likely that contacts will receive your message.
Of course, only you can decide what budget and Bid Control is comfortable for you and will be enough for your marketing goals.
Here are recommended Budgets and Bids for all countries: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/messenger-platform/discovery/sponsored-messages/country-bids
You can only send 1 message to the user per 1 Paid Message.
Paid Messages are not delivered to all users?
Make sure that that there's still a budget left, that the bid amount is not too small and there is enough time, preferably around 5 days, for the Paid Message to run.
Facebook recommends sending messages no less than 200 or even 1000 users.