Here is a quick overview of core ManyChat concepts. This guide will help you to understand how profiles and accounts operate and are connected to each other.
Sign-up / Sign-in options:
Basic rules about entities and sign-in/sign-up options:
- A profile can be created through one of three sign-up options
- A profile can be connected with multiple sign-in options (but only one per type, you cannot connect multiple google options to one ManyChat profile) and each particular sign-in options can be connected only to one profile
- A profile can be accessed through connected sign-in options
- A profile is an "umbrella" for multiple accounts
- Accounts consolidate channels like
- Facebook page (requires the Facebook sign-in option to be connected to profile)
- email (doesn't require Facebook sign-in)
- SMS (doesn't require Facebook sign-in)
- Profiles cannot be merged
Now when core rules are stated let's jump into some practical use cases and how multiple sign-up/sign-in options may affect you.
For using ManyChat you need both profile and account.
You can create them through a sign-up form by choosing one of the available options.
When Google or Apple is chosen ManyChat prompts to connect Facebook as well on the second step:
Though ManyChat account can be independent of Facebook sign-in option we recommend not to skip this step if your business is presented on Facebook as having this sign-in connected to your profile simplifies:
- sign-in options management. If Facebook sign-in option turns out to be associated with an already existing ManyChat profile, we retrieve this profile and connect Google or Apple sign-in
- channels management. ManyChat with permissions obtained from FB can pull the list of pages at any time when you need to enable the page as a channel on the account level.
If you skip the step ManyChat creates a new profile with one sign-in option connected.
Later you will be able to create an account under this profile for using non-FB channels or connect Facebook sign-in if it is not associated with the existing profile (because we don't merge profiles).
After completing the full registration scenario your profile has
- sign-in option or options (Facebook, Google or Apple)
- account or accounts
The visual representation of sign-in options, profiles and accounts relations is below.