ManyChat is a multi-channel platform that allows you to interact with your subscribed contacts via Facebook Messenger, SMS, Email, and Instagram.
But what if you want similar flows (i.e. product descriptions, campaigns, set of keywords) for different channels?
Recreating those flows can be time-consuming.
With ManyChat, click one button to streamline these steps.
How does it work?
1. Go to the flow that you want to convert.
For example, if you want to convert the flow of Facebook’s Welcome Message (“Channel in Flow”) to Instagram (“Target Channel”), click the three dots in the upper right corner.
2. Select "Convert Channels".
A two-column pop-up window lists your "Channels in Flow" and "Target Channels".
3. In the “Target Channels”, select your channel.
4. “Flow Converted” pops up after you click the “Duplicate and Convert” button.
Your newly duplicated and converted flow appears.
5. Before you publish, edit and check if the flow has gaps first.
¡ Please Note: Be aware that the converted flow may have lost blocks because some blocks aren’t supported in all channels. Some blocks aren’t supported in different channels that are available.
- Text, Image block – for all channels (except the MMS outside the US).
- Button – Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp.
- Quick Reply – Messenger, Instagram, SMS (will convert to “Contact Reply”).
- Card and Gallery, Delay – Messenger and Instagram (will convert to “Waiting”).
- Audio, Video, File, Dynamic, OTN blocks – only Messenger.
- User input type will convert to the “text type” if the original type is not supported in the Target Channel.
- All variables (last seen, last interaction, opt-in, opt-out variables) will be transferred without any changes.
- All triggers except the keywords will be transferred without any changes.