Instagram Comment Growth Tool (CGT) is currently unavailable due to Instagram’s technical limitations and policy updates during Instagram’s API phased roll-out.
The new clarification from the Instagram team regarding policies on comment auto-replies makes it clear that auto-replies are not the intended use case as of right now.
In order to make sure that ManyChat users are protected - we have stopped processing and creation of new Instagram CGTs until further update from Instagram.
This clarification concerns every developer partner and is not specific to ManyChat.
Any platform that is providing Instagram comment auto-replies after June 18, 2021, is putting your account at the risk of getting permanently blocked.
We know that the Instagram CGT is a highly valuable feature for all ManyChat users, yet your account’s safety is our top priority.
We are waiting for an update from the Instagram team to re-enable support for Instagram CGT again as soon as possible.
It can be challenging to quickly reply to each comment on your posts, which is why the Comments Growth Tool is such a powerful feature to help you process all of your incoming messages. With this tool, you can set up automated messages to send as responses to comments on your posts, and you can even create different messages to respond to different types of comments.
How to Set Up the Comments Growth Tool
- Go to your ManyChat account and select —> Automation —> Flows —> New Flow.
- Open the Flow Builder.
- Click Add Trigger —> Instagram Triggers —> Instagram Comments.
- In the Comment Growth Tool settings, you can choose specific posts (and even specific comments on posts) to trigger message Flows, or create an automation that will trigger on all posts.
- From there, you can edit the message node to create your corresponding Flow. Please make sure to choose "Comment Reply" for the Content type.
- After you've created the Flow, click "Publish" to set it in motion. You can also preview the Flow by clicking on the "Preview" button.
An Important Note for Using the Instagram Comments Growth Tool
Due to existing technical limitations, for the time being, the first message after the Comments Growth Tool must be a single text message.
- You are not able to create 2 text messages in the same message node.
- You are not able to use images in the same message node.
- You are not able to use conditions or tags prior to the first step message.