WHAT IS MESSAGE TEMPLATE?
WhatsApp message templates are specific message formats that businesses can use to reach their contacts.
HOW DO I START USING THEM?
You can send MT to anyone who already messaged you or who opted in to receiving your messages. Message Templates and Ads are the only way to message your WhatsApp contacts after 24 hours. More about Meta's 24-hour policy.
Before you can use Message Templates, you need...
- Verified business;
- Manychat Automation PRO subscription;
- Enough Wallet funds;
- To be an Admin or an Editor of the Manychat account.
After verification is complete, you can create, edit and review your Message Templates under Manychat → Settings → WhatsApp → Message Templates.
You can send them using Broadcasts (immediately), Flows and Live Chat (after reaching 1K messaging limit).
We recommend to create & edit Message Templates through Manychat ONLY. That way, you will be able to avoid most of the synchronization errors between Meta and Manychat.
If you want to reach all of your contacts after 24 hours, make sure to use a Message Template!
HOW MUCH DO THEY COST?
Message Templates are priced by Meta's conversation-based pricing system.
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE?
To read more about Message Template creation and best practices for using them head to our How to send Message Templates outside the 24-hour window article.
HOW DO I STAY COMPLIANT WITH META?
MT approval usually takes no more than several minutes. After you submit your Message Template, you can get one of 3 statuses:
- Pending: Meta's reviewing your template. If it's stuck for more than 1 hour, refresh the page and try to recreate the template.
- Approved: The template is approved and ready to be sent.
- Rejected: The template is rejected by WhatsApp. Please, review Message Template Guidelines and try again. You can check your WhatsApp Business Manager to see why it was rejected.