The official Facebook limitation for sending attachments in Messenger is 25 MB.
However, due to the encoding that ensures file compatibility, the size of the file might change when sent in Messenger.
The official limit in ManyChat is 23,8 MB, though we strongly recommend using files of a smaller size (preferably 10 MB or less) because the files can become much bigger after encoding on Facebook's side. The file must be in MP4 format and up to 25 MB, keep in mind that it will still be carried by Facebook through its own conversion. Compress files as a workaround, but if it does not do the trick, we cannot fix this.
Please keep in mind that the same limitations apply to all files sent in Messenger, including the ones uploaded through the User Input feature.
Additionally, the suggested media file dimensions, including GIFs and videos, are 270x480. There were use cases where changing the dimensions to that format helped to fix the media file display issue so don't write it off either!
If a file in your Flow is not sent as expected, it might be too big for Messenger.
Here are some things you could do to fix it:
- Downsample your video to standard web sizes (no HD)
- Compress video and change file type from .mp4 to .mov
- Change dimensions of the video/GIF down to a smaller size (the perfect dimensions would be 270x480)
- Use MP3s instead of AAC or WAV
- Use optimized JPEGs instead of RAW or PNG24
- Keep your animated GIF files to less than 10 seconds in duration.
Hope this helps!