There are several issues that you might encounter while working with Messenger Ref URL Growth Tool, but don't worry - we have an easy solution to sort these problems in no time! Just follow our instructions below.
Table on contents:
1. Get Started button doesn’t appear
2. Opt-In Message isn’t sent
But first thing you need to check is whether or not your Growth Tool is enabled:
To receive a message from Messenger Ref Url, users must click "Get Started" button. However, this applies only to new users; people who are already your bot's contacts will receive messages as soon as they click on the link. Basically, Get Started is triggering a flow and subscribing new users to your bot. You can find more info about this tool in this help article.
But, sometimes the button is missing in the chatbox - if you've already checked that the Growth Tool is activated and changes are saved, please follow these steps:
1. Head to 'Settings' => 'General' in your ManyChat account and click 'Refresh Permissions' button.
2. After that, head back to your Growth Tool, Draft it, and then re-activate it again:
Please note that these actions must be performed by the person who is the Admin both in ManyChat and on Facebook. This will restore connection between ManyChat and Facebook, and "Get Started" button should appear afterwards. If this didn't help - please do not hesitate to submit a ticket.
Opt-In Message isn’t sent
If you click "Get Started" button but don't receive the Opt-in message - this can happen due to various reasons, but we can help you solve most of them.
1. First of all, please try to click 'Refresh Permissions' button (find it in 'Settings' => 'General' in your ManyChat account). You have to have the 'Admin' Page Role in manyChat and on Facebook to do that. Also, head to the Growth tools tab and check the list of Authorized Websites. Make sure that you have ManyChat listed there, and if not - please make sure to add it.
3. The most common reason why your Opt-in Message isn't getting sent is that ManyChat is not owning a conversation on Facebook. This is controlled by the Handover Protocol: it is a protocol of passing control of user conversations to the LiveChat apps based on their Receiver Role. In order for ManyChat to render all messages with 100% accuracy, you have to set up your Handover Protocol.
To enable Handover Protocol: head to your Facebook Page's Settings => Messenger Platform => App Settings => Configure, assign the 'Primary Receiver' role to ManyChat and the 'Secondary Receiver' role to other apps.
To activate Handover Protocol properly, it is required for a Page to have one app with the 'Primary Receiver' role.
After that, the Messenger tab will appear in your ManyChat Settings. Make sure to set ManyChat as Live Chat App:
You can find all information about this in our article here: Handover Protocol.